Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2010 21:00

HDMI Port Problems?

I have a Dell XPS M1530 and I am having problems connecting my computer to my TV using a HDMI to RCA cable.   

I recently reformatted my computer and did a full install of Windows 7 Ultimate - I found & installed all compatible drivers for my devices using the original Dell DRIVERS AND UTILITIES DVD but for some reason my HDMI port is seemingly not working.  I have spent hours researching and downloading the newest BIOS updates for my computer and Windows 7, along with the most recent driver update for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT video card but nothing seems to work. 

When I connect my laptop to my TV using the HDMI port to the RCA port on my TV, the screen remains black & the audio simply makes a buzzing noise. I have literally tried every type of configuration in the Windows Display Options & Playback Device Options as well as the NVIDIA Control Panel and nothing has worked.

Is it possible my HDMI port is not working or needs a proper driver that I haven't installed? Please let me know if you have any suggestions, I have already spent 6+ hours trying to solve this problem...

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 24th, 2010 06:00

Huh??? HDMI to RCA cable?  Digital to analog can't be converted with just a cable.

No Events found!