Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2009 07:00

HELP! IDT Hi Definition Audio (Code 10) XPS 400

I had to reformat my hard drive and the under the Sounds & Audio Devices there is devices listed under Audio.  I went to the DM and uninstalled the IDT High Definition Audio Codec and downloaded the Audio software from Dell, started new hardware, installed the software...but got an error message..Device can not start CODE 10.  I then flashed the BIOS.  But this did not help either..  Any idea what is causing this problem and ow to resolve it? 

15 Posts

September 17th, 2009 08:00

I had to reformat my hard drive and the under the Sounds & Audio Devices there is devices listed under Audio.  I went to the DM and uninstalled the IDT High Definition Audio Codec and downloaded the Audio software from Dell, started new hardware, installed the software...but got an error message..Device can not start CODE 10.  I then flashed the BIOS.  But this did not help either..  Any idea what is causing this problem and ow to resolve it? 

I figured how to fix the problem and thought that I would pass it on... 1. download the Dell Sigmatel audio driver [STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio Driver and save it to your desktop. 2. Uninstall the IDT HD Audio Codec using your Device Manager. 3. rboot. 4. When prompted..do not have windows find the driver!.  5 While the window is open, open the folder containing the software and install. 6. Reboot and you are done!!!! AND you sound works again!!!!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 20th, 2009 06:00

Thanks for wanting to share that tip but this is the Laptop Audio Board where it is unlikely that other XPS 400 owners will see it. You might want to post it on the Desktop Audio Board.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2010 21:00

^^ THIS WORKS!!!!! THANK YOU fjp8000 YOU ARE THE MAN!!

:emotion-21:

if anyone else is having this same problem, this IS YOUR SOLUTION!!!!

No Events found!