Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2012 15:00

Hang or stuck for sometime

Sir my name is Shahbaz I have bought dell laptop inspiron N5110 corei5 2.30GHz laptop with 6GB ram. The issue is that it sometime stuck or hang for a while and after sometimes it gets normal I have checked the in the bios and also have checked laptops own trouble shooting test software but the result sugests that it working nomal and no problem have been detected through the setup can any body tell me the solution of my problem?

Service Tag Removed as per privacy policy by natakuc4

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 28th, 2012 15:00

You ran the Dell diagnostics, powered down the system and pressed F12 while powering it up then selecting diagnostics along with any extended test.

I had some similar experiences on my XPS 8300 and my friend had some on his Latitude E6510. In our case the system often froze or stalled and then recovered. The factory settings were unacceptable and I performed A Clean install on both. 

If you have a spare hard drive, I would attempt to install it and perform a clean install as my wiki A Clean Install of Windows 7. Alternatively you could do it on your existing hard drive but you would lose the ability to factory restore.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 29th, 2012 12:00

Shahbaz

The following link is a good source for tips on troubleshooting system hangs

support.dell.com/.../document

Are you getting any error codes or messages and if so what are they?

Run diagnostics, start the notebook tapping F12 and choose diagnostics.  Allow the basic tests to complete, then if asked choose no for memory tests, choose yes for hardware tests, choose symptom tree and then choose the system locks up test.  Please reply back with the results.

Here is a great link for tips on speeding up and optimizing Windows 7.  It may be of some help for you.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Double check and make sure that you don't have more than one antivirus installed on the notebook.  If you do have more than one installed, uninstall both and then reinstall your favorite Antivirus.

If you do only have one Antivirus on the system do a full scan on the system.

If this is something that has just started recently you may wish to run a system restore.  For more on system restore please take a look at the following link

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

I know system hangs can be frustrating, I hopefully gave you enough information here to find out what is causing the hangs and possibly a fix.  Please let me know what you find out.

TB

No Events found!