Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2009 19:00

Hello: Problem with power up XPS 1330 after changing Nvidia Card and updating BIOS

Hello: Problem with power up XPS 1330 after changing Nvidia Card and updating BIOS PoorPoorFairFairAverageAverageGoodGoodExcellentExcellent

09 Jul 2009 03:32AM

Dear all,

I am facing some intermittent problem with my starting up XPS 1330 from Power button. Actually my Lap top was giving problem with Nvidia card as the screen becomes darken. so I took that to Dell distributor where they replaced my mother board and updating BIOS to A14.

Now I am facing problem that when I power up my lap top by using Power button then some times it does not goes to display any thing on screen. Although, the Battery and power adopter is OK  yet when pressing the power button it shows LED glowing at the front edge of the laptop for a while but releasing the power button it goes off and  the system shows nothing on screen and seems to be dead.

I am not sure why It has happened after replacing my Mother board of XPS 1330 due to VGA problem. 

I need help that how to resolve this intermittent problem.

Thanks.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2009 13:00

Hi

Issue is very clear ! the motherboard that was replaced was for the NVIDIA GPU issue for the 128 MB NVIDIA onboard video card that you had on the system.The fact is that the system board that was replced seems to have a defective Power Distributor unit that is causing the issue .

Two reasons cause this issue. (1) A faulty Motherboard (2)Faulty Memory.

Best way to Troubleshoot: turn off the system completely and hold the "D" button and press the power button - this runs an LCD Built in self test that shows 4 different colors on screen .

If the screen does not come up - Im 101% Sure that the Motherboard is bad and needs to be replaced.

If the test succeeds remove all momories and test the system by powering it on - if system turns on the issue is with memory.

As per my Experience the Issue is sure to be the motherboard.Kindly replace the same for proper functionality.

Cheers & Regards

No Events found!