Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2013 11:00

Help! Dell XPS 15 Webcam problem

Hello all,

I am using a Dell XPS 15 (L502X) and my webcam is not working. I had another problem with my computer a while back and after it came back from the service, my webcam wasn't working. I didn't need it much beck then and I postponed taking care of it but now the problem is still there and I can't seem to fix it.

I downloaded the driver for it and uploaded it the way it was supposed to be. Upload was successful but when I'm using Skype, the white light next to the camera is on but there is no image on the camera screen on Skype's video settings. It cannot detect the webcam. I do have the latest version (or the only version since I couldn't find any on Dell's list) and it still won't work.

Help please???

September 23rd, 2013 02:00

Hi kepito,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, please follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue with your Dell Webcam.

1. Please check if the Webcam is detected in the Device manager and if it looks fine
2. Please check the Skype version that you’re using on your computer.
3. Check if the camera detects and works fine with the Dell Webcam Central software.
4. We might have to upgrade / downgrade the Skype software accordingly after knowing the current version of the software.

Reply us with your findings.

2 Posts

September 24th, 2013 10:00

I have checked the device manager and it says the integrated webcam works fine.

I don't seem to have Dell Webcam Central software in m computer, I have checked many places for a download but nothing works. The required Quanta H.264 integrate webcam, (v.1.0.1404.1005, A00) is supposedly working but there is no Dell Webcam Central software anywhere. Skype still doesn't see my webcam.

September 25th, 2013 02:00

Hi kepito,

Thank you for your response, please click on the below link in order to download the Dell Webcam Central software.
http://dell.to/17tfS1m

This is a direct setup file, save it to your computer and install the software and restart the computer and check as the
Dell Webcam Central software should work fine.

Reply us if any questions.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2015 07:00

Hi there

I have the same problem as above. Quanta Integrated Camera was working fine, did a recover and clean install on Dell XPS L502x and installed the drivers in the recommended order as per Dell forum for Windows 7. Camera did not work. After clean install it did not detect the webcam at all. I switched off, plugged out, battery out, pressed the power button for 30 secs, and the then the webcam showed up in the device manager. Upgraded to Windows 10. Device manager now detects integrated webcam, Dell webcam central does detect the video camera but produces only a black image. So too does Skype video/camera and also the Windows 10 camera app- all black screens/images. I clicked on "Update driver" in device manager and it said driver is up to date and working fine. Nothing is covering the webcam. Did not drop laptop. Mic is working fine. Could you please help?

10 Posts

May 20th, 2016 15:00

Unfortunately Dell does not provide  Quanta H.264 Integrate Webcam  drivers for Windows 10 or 8.1.

You should use Windows 7 or plug external USB camera. For that reason I like Linux - new OS version is not an issue.

10 Posts

May 20th, 2016 16:00

Seems that Windows 8.1 and 10 introduce new WDDM 1.2/2.0 video driver model and it incompatible with old webcam driver.

Neither Generic Microsoft nor Dell R277344.exe for Win7 work.

No Events found!