Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2016 21:00

Help

Hello, I bought a Dell Laptop computer on Christmas Eve 2015. I have had an issue saying that my computer was not being charged "plugged in, not charging" ( the charger is a 45w). I bought a new one for 50 USD and i just now notice that it says it is saying the same thing "plugged in, not charging"! Please help me, im getting to a point where ots just frustrating. Please help me! What can i do to fix it? How much will it cost? Is it serious or not? Please Help! Thank you!

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

March 17th, 2016 03:00

Hi pcsss,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Update the BIOS to the latest version from our Dell website.

Boot into the BIOS and check the status of the battery and adapter.

Does the light on the adapter stay on when it is plugged into the system?

Can we try this adapter on another system to check if it was working on that system.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with the results from the above steps.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

March 17th, 2016 14:00

Sorry, Service tag is Service tag removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

If you've already tried another OEM Dell adapter to no effect, it's either the DC jack or the mainboard that's faulty - since the system is under warranty, call Dell and start the process of obtaining warranty service.

3 Posts

Ok i am looking st my "Battery Infomstion" and im looking at the battery. Its says Health: Excellent. AC Adapter= Unknown. Its plugged in, and it says its Idle, what do i do? Is it the computer? Or the charger? (again) Please help again! Thanks!

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

March 18th, 2016 08:00

Hi pcsss,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps.

Please private message the service tag of the system in discussion.

You would need to add me as a friend to send me a private message.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

No Events found!