Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2013 01:00

How to get rid of Microphone Sign appearing while video recording?

Dell inspiron 15r SE
When I video record my desktop, initially this microphone sign appears for 4 seconds and then disappears I want to get rid of it completely but I can't find any option.
See this
http://i.imgur.com/ZQnvKEq.png
using zd soft video recorder but in my old laptop this sign never appeared, its showing on my laptop so I think its with my new computer

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2013 02:00

Hi Jakes99,

Welcome to the Community,

Check if you have Dell QuickSet utility installed on your system.If it is installed try disabling its Service(access Msconfig,Services tab,select Dell QuickSet,disable) and reboot system.Check if you still get the microphone symbol when you try to video record desktop.

Note:Dell QuickSet utility provides Dell QuickSet provides you with easy access to configure or view the following types of settings:Network connectivity,Power management,Display,System information.

Thank You

12 Posts

May 1st, 2013 02:00

I checked the services there is no Dell QuickSet there but dell quickset is installed in my laptop

C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet

12 Posts

May 1st, 2013 03:00

I checked Services Dell QuickSet is not listed there.

Dell Quickset is installed on my laptop. I Uninstalled Dell Quickset and then recorded a video The Microphone sign is not showing after removing quickset.

But I want Quickset to be on my system is there any way to keep it on my system and at the same time disable the microphone sign or disable quickset when recording ?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2013 04:00

Hi  Jakes99,

With Dell QuickSet reinstalled check if its listed under Startup in System Configuration utility(msconfig) and see if disabling it there helps.

Also in the system tray right click on the Dell QuickSet icon and check if it gives you any settings which you could help change onscreen display(indicator).

No Events found!