Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2009 06:00

I can't update BIOS A07 to A11 (XPS 1340)

Hello everybody: I tried more than 5 times to update my Studio XPS 1340 BIOS, in safe mode include too... all successfully :(

Please see the links to look the error message it gives to me, and please, help me to solve this matter and get my BIOS updated.  :)

(3 points in this error message done in normal mode)

(just 1 point done in safe mode!)

Thanks in advance for your support.  :)

God bless you, bye.

1 Message

November 5th, 2009 06:00

Very unusual to see a misspelt word in the error message (informaiton) along with too many exclamation marks.  Are you sure this is a legitimate Dell firmware patch?

It's also reporting the Vendor as "Not Dell" which questions the hardware you are using. 

Recheck the firmware driver - sounds like you are using the wrong lappy update.

12 Posts

February 26th, 2010 18:00

this happens all the time. one of the things that will produce this error is activating the computrace setting. yeah i believe the computrace setting in the bios is still broken and it doesn't actually do anything when you turn it on, i haven't tested the bios lately to see if computrace works yet... by working i mean if you buy computrace lojack for laptops and then reformat your hard disk or install windows or a service pack, your computer stops phoning in. the bios setting is supposed to reisntall the agent in this situation, but the last time i tested this, it didnt and it upset me  anyway yeah this happens all the time dells tech support people do not know about the command line parameters in the bios flasher program. i had to use notepad to find them. the ones you want is /forcetype if that doesnt work, then maybe /forceit. so many times you get the machine mismatch error in the dell flasher you think they would make this a sticky.

No Events found!