Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2009 05:00

I need help getting my laptop to shut down, it's frozen on the "shutting down" page

I have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic.  My Mom downloaded the Picasa program onto it last night, and since then, it won't shut down.  I don't know if the download caused a problem or what is going on.  I've tried to CTRL ALT DELETE it which did nothing, I have pushed the power button repeatedly, have shut the computer to see if it would shut down.  I unplugged it to see if it would just run out of battery and restart, but that will take about 4 hours and I don't know if that will solve the problem or not.  I looked the computer over, as with an older computer I had there was a tiny hold you could put a pen in and restart it, I did find a hold and put a pen it...it didn't do anything.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.  I don't know much about computers.   Thanks a lot. -Jen

109 Posts

December 7th, 2009 06:00

Unplug it from the outlet, turn it over and find the battery latch. Take out the battery. That will shut it down.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 7th, 2009 05:00

I doubt that Picasa is what is causing your laptop not to shut down, but if you think so, surely the best thing to do is to uninstall it.

December 7th, 2009 06:00

I can try uninstalling Picassa, but first I need to get my computer to unfreeze up so I can get to that point, any suggestions?  If I let it run out of battery, do you think it will stop being frozed on the "shutting down" page?  Any suggestions on that?  Thanks, Jen

December 7th, 2009 07:00

Thanks so much, that solved the problem!  I appreciate your help -Jen

1 Message

January 9th, 2016 18:00

Please help me!! My computer is froze and I  can't turn it off

No Events found!