Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2016 21:00

INSPIRON 5558 hinge broken

I have 6 months old DELL inspiron 5558 laptop and just want to report pathetic support of DELL.

I also faced same issue now with broken hinge on right hand side and now they are sgiving same answer that its not covered under warranty.

the same issue also reported by other dell customers ..DELL.. Are you listening?? please help

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us !

We would request you send us the service tag, email address and pictures of the broken hinges via private message .

As per standard warranty damages are not covered .

Thanks

Robin

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 19th, 2016 13:00

Please let me know how to contact you. please message me your email address privately. I tried to send you private message but could not locate you.

August 19th, 2016 18:00

I have the same problem with the hinge on the left side and received the same poor response from Dell.  My laptop is just over a year old. I don't use it very often, maybe 3 times a week so I estimate the hinge failed after about 1000 cycles.  Very sorry I purchased from Dell.  Won't make that mistake again.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 21st, 2016 08:00

Please answer how to contact you. Already sent friend request to you pls accept so can private message can be sent

1 Message

October 19th, 2016 17:00

Same thing happened to my laptop Dell 5558 on the left hand side hinge. They advertise that the company tests the hinges 20,000 times before selling. But  the small plastic hinge is too small to overcome the stress of the heavy lid every time I open and close it.. Though  I had an accidental drop before hinges were broken, I didn't get any help with the warranty remaining.

3 Posts

October 19th, 2016 18:00

YESSS, I also have a 5558 laptop purchased last black friday from best buy. I spoke with a customer service rep, then a supervisor, then a tier 3 support person and all 3 told me it was not covered because it was an accidental damage.

I went to the BBB and made a complaint against dell. I suggest you do the same. There is another thread where customers are complaining about the same problem.

en.community.dell.com/.../19622428

After they made a complaint, dell responded by repairing their laptops. I am getting ready to make a post about it here and my FB page as well.

I will never purchase another dell product in my life and will never recommend them to anyone who ever asks about a good laptop purchase. I don't think they are really saving that much money by illegally voiding their own warranty contract!

January 23rd, 2017 20:00

I faced similar problem after enquiring I came to know this is not covered in warranty and quotation provided to me for replacement and labour is 630 usd. You can imagine how Dell is making fool of its customer. Dell purchase inferior quality items from China  and when it is broken customer has to bear the price. My laptop is I7 5558 (15 months old) which I bought for around 800 usd and hinge which does not even falls into the category of technical part will cost 630 USD. Truly amazing Dell way to go ... people will stop using your product one day and you will be bankrupt.  

January 23rd, 2017 21:00

I faced similar problem after enquiring I came to know this is not covered in warranty and quotation provided to me for replacement and labour is 630 usd. You can imagine how Dell is making fool of its customer. Dell purchase inferior quality items from China  and when it is broken customer has to bear the price. My laptop is I7 5558 (15 months old) which I bought for around 800 usd and hinge which does not even falls into the category of technical part will cost 630 USD. Truly amazing Dell way to go ... people will stop using your product one day

No Events found!