Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 14th, 2017 09:00

Info-Audio Distortion related to Audiodg.exe and TabTip.exe

I just sent this to Microsoft as Feedback.  I am posting it here in case any Dell folks would be interested.

A strange thing happened this morning when I brought my 4 month old Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 out of hibernation.  The system had been in Modern Standby and went to hibernation after a couple of hours.

Once the desktop was up I opened Mail.  A sound played which was extremly distorted along with a popup about "Are you having sound problems" from Windows 10.

I opened the Resource Monitor and noticed the indications in the attachments.  Audiodg.exe was using 25% of the processor time which was running at 162% Max Frequency.  I just noticed also, CompatTeRunner.exe (Terminated) was using 39%.

Audiodg.exe was showing 4561 threads where it normally only shows 5 or 6.

TabTip.exe was showing 6904 threads where it normally shows about 11.

The SleepStudy is showing TabTip audio timer related to power drain during Modern Standby.

All I can come up with is the TabTip audio was trying to play during the Modern Standby time.  Everything returned to normal after I ended the audiodg.exe process.

This has not happened before and the system is current on Windows updates, 15063.540

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!