Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2012 10:00

Inspirion I15-2728BK questions

Hello! I am interested in the Inspirion I15-2728BK laptop that Best Buy is now selling. The specs look good for me. I just need a laptop for home use, MS Office, web browsing, videos etc. The price is in my range also, currently $399.

Does anyone have any opinions on this model? It has an i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB harddrive, and Intel HD 4000 graphics. We currently have an old HP laptop that is about about 5 years old, so this is going to be night and day compared to what we have.

My other concern is Windows 8. Not sure we like it yet. If we get this laptop, and we end up not liking Windows 8, are you able to wipe the drive and install Windows 7 instead. We have a Dell tower computer with Windows 7 and love it.

Thanks in advance for any comments and/or you can provide!

Larry

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2012 10:00

The system should be fine for those purposes - and it was shipped with Windows 7 at one point so you should be able to install that if you want.  HOWEVER, be sure you're aware that you will need to purchase a copy of 7 if you want it -- unless the system ships with 8 Pro (which has downgrade rights), you can't downgrade without an additional license purchase for Windows 7.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2012 04:00

Can anyone tell me what the expected battery life is before needing to recharge? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 29th, 2012 05:00

For a low-end system expect 2-3 hours max.

11 Posts

December 5th, 2012 11:00

Hi Larry,

It seemed to be a good laptop for me and I have ordered one for myself. My order is ready to pickup and I was looking for the product details in their ( Best Buy ) website . but not available now. It was there till yesterday though.

By chance do you have those product details with you sir?

I appreciate your quick response ,

Thanks,

Ind

No Events found!