Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2009 10:00

Inspiron 11z 32bit/64bit preloaded Vista Windows 7 upgrade question/problem

I recently ordered an Inspiron 11z. (with the 64bit celeron)   I noticed some packages have the Windows 7 64 bit preloaded, and some have the Windows Vista preloaded, but the 32/64bit was not detailed, with the Free Upgrade option.

The package I ordered had Window Vista Preloaded with the upgrade option BUT, it did NOT say whether itw as 32bit vista or 64bit vista.  As most know by now, you cannot properly upgrade to Windows 7 64bit (the only version that new computers should be running as the 32bit is for older obsolete processors), so I need to know whether someone can confirm if the z11 is coming preloaded with 32bit windows vista (and I should cancel the order) or if 64bit vista is coming preloaded (and I can keep it).

Regards,

Shane

6 Posts

January 13th, 2010 08:00

I think it's loaded with 32 bit Vista Home Premium but will check.  If it is 32 bit Vista no problem,  upgrade to the Windows 7 32 bit and when you go to upgrade to Windows 8, you'll get the 32 and 64 bit disc (2 disc) with Windows 8 like Windows 7 stand-alone upgrade(box).

No Events found!