Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2017 23:00

Inspiron 13 7000 can't detect my headphone

I purchased this laptop about two weeks ago from Dell.com.

The first time I plug in the headphone was a week ago and it worked.

However today when I plugged in the headphone (this is the second time), the laptop cannot detect my headphone. When I open the "Sounds" menu, my headphone is not even listed under the "Playback" tab, nor does the laptop ask me what is the device I am plugging (like other Inspiron laptops will do).

I checked and all my drivers are up-to-date. I have also ran the full diagnostic tool on Dell.com, nothing was found.

May I get suggestions regarding what to do next?

Thank you,

Herrina

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 21st, 2017 09:00

Hello Herrina.

I checked and all my drivers are up-to-date.

> You could download and install a fresh copy of the Realtek audio driver. You can find that on your model's support page. I can provide a link to the page or the driver if you reply with the exact model model name of the laptop (all of the Inspiron 13 7000 models are named "Inspiron 73xx", where the xx numbers are the exact model.)

Here are other things you can try, either before or after the first suggestion.

> Make sure the plug is pushed firmly into the jack. On some of these new Inspirons, the jack socket is a little too tight.

> enable Waves MaxxAudio Service in the startup tab of Task Manager (in Windows 10), then restart the laptop. It is the Waves software that controls the popup.

> while in the startup tab, make sure that  Realtek (or Dell) Audio Manager is enabled. If it isn't, enable it and restart the laptop.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 21st, 2017 19:00

Thank you for your answer :D!

I enabled the startup for MaxxAudio and now the laptop recognized my headphone :D!!

Happy!

No Events found!