Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 15th, 2010 04:00

Inspiron 1318 trouble (strange freeze)

Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer here and i'm glad to join this forum.

I bought an inspiron 1318 last year in Japan, and i had no trouble using it until last month. The laptop suddenly freezed when i turned the wifi off via wireless LAN switch. The wifi indicator lamp was not off at that time even the switch was off. Because the laptop was freezed, i did not have any other option than turn it off by pressing the power button. After that, Windows Vista could not start up. It freezed when the logo/progress bar was shown.

At first, i thought it was because of harddisk failure. But, when i used the harddisk on the other laptops/PC, it had no problem at all. 

Then, i tried to disable wifi adapter via BIOS setup. But still the problem existed.

I tried to boot the laptop via USB drive (my DVD drive had already broken 2 months before). Strangely, i could not even enter the OS setup.

• If i used Vista setup, it would load the setup files, then it freezed when the logo was shown.
  • If i used Windows XP, it would load the setup files, then it freezed when the message "Setup is Starting Windows" was shown on the screen.
  • If i used Linux, it would freeze when the live CD tried to recognize the mouse.

I have used Diagnoistic utility (F12 > diagnoistic) , and run the test until the end, but i found no problem with it. The processor, display and ram were working well.

Simply speaking, this is my current condition of my 1318 laptop :

It could boot/POST, enter/set BIOS setup, run diagnoistictes, recognized its hardware BUT i could not load or even install any OS :emotion-7: 

I'm not so sure, but i suspect something trouble was happened with touchpad (due to linux setup message).

Do you have any suggestion about it ?

No Responses!
No Events found!