Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2013 06:00

Inspiron 14R N4110 internal mic not working

I reinstalled Win 7 and all drivers seem to be updated but my internal mic still doesn't work. I've checked all the options in device manager and the microphone shows a gree tick but I cannot record any sounds. It's been less than two weeks since I got this laptop. HELP :(

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 29th, 2013 07:00

I reinstalled Win 7 and all drivers seem to be updated but my internal mic still doesn't work.

If it "still" doesn't work that must mean it wasn't working before you re-installed 7. If you restored the laptop to the original factory configuration then the fact that the mic is still not working means you have a hardware failure. Definitely.

If you installed 7 using installation discs or a non-Dell image, it is still strongly indicative of a hardware failure but not as definite. Be sure you installed the Intel Chipset driver, then try to re-install the Realtek audio driver. If that doesn't work then it's the hardware.

Hardware is covered under your warranty of course, but you might prefer to return the laptop rather than having it repaired -- if you are still within the return period. There should not be a restocking fee for a defective laptop.

No Events found!