Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 15-7559, hinge and fan issues

I have the same issue, with less than a year the hinge began to separate itself from the casing/frame after moderate use of opening and closing the laptop.  It has been suggested that because the computer screen is often opened from the right side it can place torque on the left hinge causing premature failure of this component.  I have consistently opened the computer from the center.   This indicates that opening the computer from the center will not prolong the life of the hinge.  I have called dell several times and been told that it is caused by normal wear and tear or that I must have dropped the computer.  It simply does not make sense why counter accusations are made onto customers when a solution needs to be provided.  I am writing this from my husband's 4 year old laptop which has survived 2 deployments to third world countries and guess what? The computer opens and closes like the day it was purchased. Please do not attempt to re-define "normal wear and tear" in aims of lower my expectations of this product.  Above all, I expect a lap top at the bare minimum to perform the most basic functions like opening and closing without disassembling itself.  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 8th, 2017 06:00

Hi sston013,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.  Unfortunately there's nothing more we can do about the hinges as the policy is pretty well defined.  However your post indicates you also have a fan issue.  Could you describe that in more detail?  Perhaps there is a resolution for that. Thanks.

No Events found!