Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2016 15:00

Inspiron 15 7568 touch screen not working

Hello I'm having issues with my touchscreen.Sometimes it's sporadic when touched, sometimes unresponsive, and sometimes flickers. Tech support keeps making me send in for repair but when it comes back I have same issues.Sent to tech support 6 times within six months already, replaced screen, replaced motherboard, update bios, and update drivers and a whole bunch of other tech support stuff. Does anyone have similar problems can share your experiences and fixes? At this rate tech support is going to keep doing the same thing until one year warranty expires. What are my options in regards to warranty if tech support is unable to fix defect issues?Thank you in advance for advice.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 19:00

I'd suggest you calibrate the touch screen. Please follow steps in link below:

www.dell.com/.../EN

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 19:00

Troubleshooting Touchscreen Issues in Microsoft Windows 7, 8(8.1) and 10:

www.dell.com/.../SLN294951

EDIT;

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 20:00

Lastly,

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Please click on the link below and expand Dell firmware. Please update it.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 10:00

Thanks Lsufan51, I'll try all your suggestions once my laptop comes back from dell service, I think they are going to replace the screen again. They have fix it in the past through service and few times dellconnect but after I shut down the laptop for a few hours and boot back up, the same issues return. I hope that this problem is just isolated with my unit because I just bought a 13 inch version for my sister.

No Events found!