Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2012 04:00

Inspiron 1525 NSS Issue

I recently restarted my Inspiron 1525 running windows Vista home premium. After printing out the recommended driver order list I installed all the drivers found for the 1525. I have been unable to install the video and more importantly Wireless/internet card. They both come up as flagged in the control panel as not having been installed correctly. I was unable to find the NSS software under the drivers list for my model laptop (both using the service tag and simply searching for the Inspiron 1525 under drivers). The list I printed from the Dell site informs me it will be under security. I also searched non specific drivers but could not find an exact match.

Not having this utility installed first might be the cause of not being able to connect to the internet or get the video drivers installed correctly. Does anyone know where i can find the correct NSS for the Inspiron 1525, bearing in mind i am running 32 bit windows vista home premium???

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

June 1st, 2012 04:00

Hi Inspiron1525user,

Welcome to the Community,

Notebook system software is listed under System Utilities in the list of drivers.

Use this link below to download and install the Notebook system software:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

After NSS make sure you install the Chipset drivers before installing the Video and the wireless card driver.

Wireless card driver it can be the Intel or the Dell Wireless card.Accordingly you need to install the correct driver.

If you need further help,post a screen shot of Device Manager after expanding the Display adapter and Network adapter.

Thank You

No Events found!