Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2009 14:00

Inspiron 1525 -PC to TV

OS Vista Home Premium.  TV Sony Bravia LCD TV.

I connect PC to TV using HDMI cable but nothing shows.   Hve run through all the AV channels without success.

Appreciate assistance.

8 Posts

June 17th, 2009 02:00

Thanks for reply.   I have returned to using the S-Video cable.

5 Posts

June 17th, 2009 02:00

close the lid.

that's how mine works. if I don't close the lid, I don't get any signal on the tv.

5 Posts

June 17th, 2009 04:00

S-video isn't capable of HD transmision. Connect your HDMI and try to set it up from the graphic card driver (near the clock) .

8 Posts

June 17th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for continued assistance.   There is no icon for graphic driver near the clock.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 07:00

To anyone who cannot get sound through their HDMI to a TV,  I have the solution and it is simple to fix. Also for the person who cannot get video you have to options press and hold fn key and select the number key with symbol of two screens to switch between laptop TV or both or close laptop lid to force it to extrnal display.

I had a brand new inspiron 1525 a few months back and was unable to get the sound to come out through the TV when plugged in. I read lots of forums and tried lots of things to try and get it to work.

Last Friday I did the following and now everything works fine, I even get a red arrow to indicate that the HDMI is plugged in in the sound section of the control panel.

I can unplug HDMI and sound will come out of the Speaker on the laptop and when I plug in the HDMI it comes out of the TV speakers (Stereo only on HDMI)

What you need to do is the following:

1. Download the lastest Intel chip set and Video drivers from Dell support using your TAG on the bottom of the laptop to identify the correct drivers.

2. Uninstall using add remove programs in control panel the Intel Chip Set ( your display resolution will change to low resolution)

3. Install the intel chip set that you downloaded and also the Video (Only restart the laptop when both are installed)

4. Configure you display settings again to what you had before

5. Now connect the HDMI and try playing a song or Blue Ray movie.

6.  Now when switching from HDMI to speaker and back the other way sound will stop working, so you have to close the application you were using and re-open for the sound to work.

I am not sure which resolves the problem but all I know is that doing it in that order worked for me.  My gues would be that the Intel chipset software resolved the problem.

It looks like Dell have finally got  drivers that work.

No Events found!