Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 23rd, 2014 17:00

Inspiron 1525 keyboard

First, let me say that I have searched the forums. I know that replacement keyboards are available from Ebay, Amazon, parts-people.com and other online places. But, I can't find if Dell even sells replacement keyboards for this laptop anymore. I would like a Dell part, unless price is way out of line, in which case i'll buy a third party keyboard. So, that's my question, does Dell even still sell this part? I spilled beer on my laptop, and the keyboard has problems now. Most of the keys work, except for the bottom line of keys and the Enter key. I did hookup a usb keyboard, and everything works ok while using it. Does anyone have any experience with parts-people.com, do you know if the keyboard they sell for the 1525 is a Dell part, or a keyboard that is "compatible" with the 1525? Looking at their web page, it appears so, but I'm not sure. I know that as long as it works, shouldn't be an issue, just wondering. Thanks, Steve

June 24th, 2014 09:00

Hi stevew295,

Welcome to the community, You may call Dell out of warrant team and get the best offer and price .

Number - 1800 288 4410

23 Posts

June 24th, 2014 17:00

Thanks. They do have the part. Thanks for the phone number. Steve
No Events found!