Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

7 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 00:00

Inspiron 1525 touchpad sensitivity

I have had several Dell laptops and this one is by far and away the worst for sensitivity.  I can be typing and accidentally brush the touchpad and move me totally off the page.  I am getting so frustrated on how sensitive this thing is.  I am starting to hold my hands at an awkward angle just to be able to type.  Does anyone know of a good workaround for this.

Brad

1.8K Posts

September 23rd, 2008 19:00

Open the dell touchpad settings GUI.  Then go to touchpad settings, turn on "enable touchcheck" and turn the touchcheck sensitivity all the way up.  That should take care of most accidental brushes of the touchpad with your palms.

November 15th, 2008 15:00

I'm having the same problem, but I'm so tech-illiterate........what is/how do I find the GUI?  When I go to mouse in the control panel and get to the touchpad, I just get caught in a loop...?  I can't get to any "enable touchcheck".  

14 Posts

March 31st, 2009 22:00

The touchpad on this machine seems to be more cosmetic than functional.

I am trying to get the same dynamic behavior out of this touchpad as my 5yr old laptop.

When I move my finger slowly, I expect very fine movement from the cursor. When I move my finger faster, I expect a proportionately larger cursor movement.

This is the way Synaptics drivers work. I played around with the Dell settings and it just isn't happening.

There should be a slider for both movement speed and a movement sensitivity (accelleration).  How about a new driver Dell?

No Events found!