Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2010 20:00

Inspiron 1545 Battery Problems

First Post:

Ok. So, I'm sure that my battery charger for my Dell Inspiron 1545 has a problem. The charger does not charge my laptop battery at all. It will keep the charge at a percent (if it is at 12%, and you plug it in, it will stay at 12%). If the charger wire is moved a certain way, it will cause the charge to go down. It will not hold a charge while the wire is in that position. I bought a new battery charger that was said to be for my laptop at Battery Plus, but the end of that plug does not match the original charger. The original charger had a hexagonal shaped plug, the charger I just bought is rounded. Is this something wrong with my laptop, or is it just the chargers? It's not the actual battery in my laptop, because I purchased a new one, and it's working fine. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Please link websites, or products!

Thanks.

How much will it cost to get the Power Jack replaced? Will I have to ship my laptop off to a Dell factory or store? Thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 12th, 2010 03:00

This is a power jack (mainboard) issue -- you will need to have the jack or mainboard replaced.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

December 30th, 2010 12:00

hi lewis, perhaps i know the solution, you can try dis, it will surely repair it, if not then it will surely be a hardware problem.

restart your computer, then go to your system bios by pressing the F2 button just when the dell logo appears on the screen, after going there, there will be like around 10 menus like advanced setup, plug n play setup, boot sequence, or somewhat similar to these, just go in these menus and search the option written "CHARGER BEHAVIOUR " and change this to ENABLED, i guess it will be set to off or disabled that is why it is not working, i just forgot that where exactly is the option, but i know it is there, just find it and ur problem will be solved.

i think your charger is not faulty because it supplies power when it is on, only the battery is not charging.

Do tell me if my answer helped you.

waquar

No Events found!