abhihothead
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 1545 graphics card.

Hello 

But am not able to choose ATI. by default its set to Intel and am ubable to change the priority. Please help me  out on how to change the priority.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

If your system is an Inspiron 1545, you have EITHER Intel OR ATI, not both.  If it's a different model, post that information please.

0 Kudos
abhihothead
1 Copper

Thank you for your reply, My laptop is 1545.  But it's a UK made.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Assembly location doesn't matter - if you see Intel video in the system, you do not  have ATI, and vice-versa.

This is not a hybrid system, which is the way most notebooks are currently designed.  Either it has Intel video OR ATI -  it does not have both.

0 Kudos
abhihothead
1 Copper

Thank  you soo much for the info bro Smiley Happy Smiley Happy it was really helpful.

0 Kudos
jjcase337
1 Copper

Yes, thx guys for all the info! I have been going the the school of internet and working with/on mostly older desktops hardware and software for a decade, and never found much of a solution to my dell 1545 graphics issues. Their was a tweak for the driver that was made for win 7, I believe. i still have it, but now windows 10 is out. im not at all sure about the plug in adaptor things for external graphics, on 1545 system board. I can tell you I have older year 2001 Dell 340 studio workstation that i fixed up and use Radeon 800Xpro in it, and it outperforms my dell inspiron 1545 in comparison for graphics! Still no cheap solution no matter how we look at it, or who is right or wrong, i vote for getting new pc for gaming.. Thx all..

0 Kudos
Quezzare
1 Copper

If it has pci express slot then its a mini pci express I think you can put an graphics card in it. Just google your laptop with mini pci express video card.