Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2012 22:00

Inspiron 1555 Laptop Drivers

I have an Inspiron 1555 laptop which came with Vista 7 64 bit.  I upgraded the system to Win 7 64 bit.  I now want to reformat hard drive and install Win 7 64 bit fresh install.  I have a Win 7 64 bit CD but is there an easy way to get a list of the drivers that I need to install.  I know that I can go to the Dell software and drivers but when I do that and put in my service tag it give me a list which does not make sense.

So I would like to have an easy way to actaully get a list of the current drivers that are installed on my system now so I can make sure I install the same drivers.

Please advise

89 Posts

June 1st, 2012 19:00

Thanks, it worked out fine and I now have it installed.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 2nd, 2012 05:00

Great enjoy your system. P.S. save all the installers to an external hardrive. My Dell Downloads has a 3 download limit quota. I recommend saving everything in a folder called Dell drivers and saving them in numbered subfolders so you can quickly install everything in order if you decide to continue a manual install in the future.

89 Posts

June 2nd, 2012 06:00

Yes, I already have all of the drivers saved to an external hard drive.  It seems that I was a little premature.  When I try to run the video chat (it installed without any errors) I now get a message which asks if I want to show only secure data and I say no then I get 2 script errors and I answer continue.  

Let me ask you, am I better off not using Dell Video Chat and instead just using Skype (does it give me the same functionality)?   

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 4th, 2012 03:00

Sorry I didn't see an email notification for this post. Do you have JAVA installed?

89 Posts

June 4th, 2012 07:00

I have Java 7 Update 4, Java 7 Update 4 64 bit & Java FX 2.1.0 installed.

Does this Dell Video chat give me the same functionality as Skype and if so am I better off just installing Skype?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 4th, 2012 11:00

Too be honest I don't know what it does. However the camera should work fine with Skype and without the Dell Video chat.

89 Posts

June 4th, 2012 14:00

I did some research on the web and it appears that the latest drivers are not compatible with some systems and mine I am guessing is one.  So I am going to uninstall Video Chat.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 4th, 2012 15:00

I people having problems here for example.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 7th, 2012 14:00

Found the Communications drivers.

Conexant Modem Application CONEXANT_D400-USB-MODEM_J5F69_A01_SETUP_ZPE 

Conexant Modem Utility CONEXANT_D400-USB-MODEM_DPP14_A00_SETUP_ZPE 

No Events found!