Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 15R 5521 - HDMI CONNECTION

HI,

I recently upgraded to windows 10 for sometime my connection to my tv with HDMI port in laptop was working properly.

But now when i press win+p key and select on duplicate the resolution changes to 1280 x 720 which previously used to be 1366x768. 

Am unable to connect it to my TV please guide me on the same.

tried to uninstall graphics driver and install it again but no success,

Warm Regards,

Naivedya Kumar

532 Posts

March 8th, 2017 20:00

Hi Naivedya,

Welcome to our community.

Thank you for sharing the detailed explanation. In regards to the system, We'd have been more than happy to assist you, unfortunately we have not tested certain systems on windows 10, due to which drivers for the same might not be available on our support site. This could cause performance issues as the issue you are currently facing with the HDMI connection. If you still want to install Windows 10 on the machine, you might have to try find the drivers from the manufacturer website. We would not be able to guarantee a hassle-free performance with the same.

We’d recommend you to roll back Windows 10 to the previous operating system, so that you can use the system without any issues.

2 Posts

March 13th, 2017 12:00

hi this is Naivedya ,

i installed win7 currently but still my hdmi isnt woRTrking even after installing  all the drivers  related to win 7s in sequence as suggested by dell. BUT STILL MY HDMI PORT ISNT WORKING WHAT SHOULD I DO   NOW ???????

????

Warm Regards,

Naivedya Kumar

532 Posts

March 14th, 2017 20:00

Hi Naivedya,

Hope you are doing fine. We are sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue. We definitely understand your concern without a fully functional system. Please provide us the following details via private message, so that we can further proceed with the issue. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1. Service tag of the system
2. Name under which the system is registered
3. Your email address

No Events found!