Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2013 01:00

Inspiron 15R N5010 Integrated WebCam

My integrated webcam has ceased working , and when you try to run webcam central, an OS error message is briefly (very) displayed, and the terminates. The message appears to indicate that "it is looking for libion?????.dll, but finds ????????.dll, plus a heap of other text.

How can I capture the full message text to isolate the problem?

The webcam fails in Skype as well.

The device manager shows all devices are working correctly (integrated webcam, and facap)

Any ideas?

cheers

Graham

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 10th, 2013 02:00

Hi thebrittons,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to run the test on Webcam on the system.

1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2

2.       Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’.

3.       Select ‘Camera’.

4.       Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

5.       Let me know if the results.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 10th, 2013 02:00

Graham,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!