Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2013 18:00

Inspiron 15R freezes at startup "Dell" screen

My brand new Inspiron 15R Special Edition freezes at the startup screen on the second time I turned it on after the windows 8 first configuration.

I`ve just ran the psa tests, all good...

Anyone with the same problem? 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 15th, 2013 01:00

Hi Precatorius,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA “ 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 11th, 2013 19:00

Hi Precatorius,

If you restart the computer after it is forcibly turned off, Windows 8 tries to use the fast startup method. When this occurs, the system determines that the previous restart attempt was unsuccessful, and then tries to restart by using the full startup method. However, this full startup attempt fails because of an access violation that is caused by memory corruption.

Workaround: is to disable ISRT in the BIOS setup menu by selecting SATA mode and changing it to AHCI then saving the change and rebooting windows.

Reboot from windows and enter BIOS setup menu again to set SATA mode back to Raid

Restart Windows again and follow the steps below to Enable Intel Smart Response technology

Step 1: Launch Intel RST UI from system TrayStep 

2 Click Accelerate Icon on top of page then click "Disassociate: 

Step 3:

Step 4 Select HDD and Acceleration mode to "Enhanced mode"

HDD will now be Accelerated again.

I hope you find this useful.

February 17th, 2013 09:00

Hey there,

I've manage to correct the problem changing the boot options. Not that way specified above, but i worked.

Thank you anyway! 

Cheers! 

No Events found!