Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2014 00:00

Inspiron 15Z 5523 has a permanent battery failure and is out of warranty. The battery is sealed, so must it be returned to Dell for a replacement?

I cannot find out anything about this.  It seems I can't purchase a battery separately.

I'm just worried how much it's going to cost to get the battery replaced if only Dell can do it.

I would not have purchased this computer had I realized the battery was sealed.

I wouldn't bother to replace, but the computer is not functioning normally even when plugged in.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 1st, 2014 15:00

If the system won't work plugged in, you have more than a battery problem.  The batteries are about $70 - if you can't change it yourself, add another 30 minutes or so of labor with a local shop.  It's not that hard to change.

www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=141&subid=421&refine=battery

November 1st, 2014 15:00

I am experiencing the same problem. Any luck?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 1st, 2014 16:00

If the replacement adapter is detected, you're set -- if it's not, it's a power jack or mainboard issue.

November 1st, 2014 16:00

Thanks! I took it to a local shopand they said the original problem was the ac adapter. I replaced it plugged in but didnt charge  the battery . After about 30 mins of being plugged in the"battery failure"message appeared. The original problem/message was an unrecognizex ac adapter.i hope its nothing more than the battery!!

No Events found!