Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2013 03:00

Inspiron 1750 troubles mounting

An escalation of trouble has me seeking the advice of you guys,here's the story................

I was thinking about upgrading my memory and HDD as my 1750 has no upgrades since new so I went to Crucial for a scan for compatible memory and an HDD which it gave me BUT the scan showed only one of my memory banks was in use. I know they both are and that its remained untouched since new. I checked they weren't loose etc and thought it was puzzling and that I'd research the problem. Later I tried to start up as normal but windows wouldn't load, I ran windows diagnostic which read "a critical file was missing or corrupt"........I tried safe network with command prompt and nothing would work,I cant do a factory restore. It wont run my CDs which I got with my laptop Can anyone assist, my files are backed-up regularly so there's nothing I can loose. 

1.3K Posts

August 20th, 2013 04:00

Hi Craigmc1,

Please check if the problem is with the Bootable DVD or with the DVD drive itself. Please try with a different bootable media to confirm the same. In case if the drive is fine then you will have to reload the windows as you have already tried both safe mode and recovery options which have not worked.

Also let me know the capacity of both RAM and the HDD you are upgrading.

No Events found!