Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2015 02:00

Inspiron 17R 5737 STATIC/HISSING when making audio recordings (PLAYBACK!)

Hello,

I just received my new system the other day and I've been testing out both the internal mic as well as using a headset to make audio recordings and I have to say...I'm really disappointed with my results!  No matter whether I use the built in mic or use a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the left side of the notebook, I hear hissing/static in the background of the recording when I play it back...although it's a bit LESS of an issue when using a headset it's still there!  The room is totally quiet (no fans running, a/c turned off, tv off, etc) and still there is all this background noise and I don't understand what is causing it.

When testing out my phone for instance making an audio recording (with or without a headset) the playback is crystal clear.  Is there something in the notebook that the mic's are picking up and thus the reason for the background noise?

Very frustrated with this, it's hard to use video conferencing with friends if they have to hear what sounds like to be a fan blowing in the background constantly...is there no way to fix this?  I was thinking about maybe getting a better headset (right now I'm just using the set that came with my Galaxy S5) but I'm not sure if that will fix the problem since when I use them with my phone the recordings are crystal clear...it's obviously not the headphones that are the problem but something internally inside the notebook.  Would a Bluetooth headset avoid this issue all together over a wired headset?

I also tested this on an HP 17 notebook (one that I'm selling) and it too does the same thing, although not as loud of a static/hissing noise but definitely still there.

Thanks for any help!  Also if anyone can recommend a good headset to use for video conferencing I would greatly appreciate it, I have no idea where to even start looking for something like this.

P.S.  I checked to make sure that I had the latest audio driver installed and I indeed do.

No Responses!
No Events found!