Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 11th, 2017 07:00

Inspiron 5567

Hello Community,

I m on my 2 month old Inspiron 15 5000 series 
with a Radeon R7 M440 2gb ddr3 connected on 
and i m having overheating issues on the gpu (60 degrees C)

I m using the latest drivers currently suggested by the dell website and i m wondering whether there can be anything else i can do to help me with overheating

I m trying to play League of Legends on minimum settings a task the computer was able to handle properly when i first got it. 

Any ideas ?

331 Posts

June 11th, 2017 19:00

Hi BillyMe,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Please update the latest BIOS from our support site http://dell.to/1n3X2po and also refer to this link http://bit.ly/1eiYpgr, to update the latest drivers from AMD directly. Does the system overheat only while playing games or even with normal usage. Also ensure that there is no dust has been gathered in the air vents preventing proper air flow to the system. Move the system to a cooler environment and clean the air vents on the bottom and left side of the unit with a can of compressed air.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2017 02:00

Helo there,

1)

My BIOs is updated to the latest version suggested (out on may 23 2017)

2)

Not sure if AMD is supposed to offer drivers for switchable graphics notebooks with an intel GPU too (Intel HD 620)

3) there is no vent to the left

4) there is no dust on the vent

5) the model i have is one with a vent on the bottom and another one towards the screen opening mechanism and a non-removable battery.

Therefore, bump.

331 Posts

June 12th, 2017 20:00

Hi BillyMe,

Request you please update the Intel HD Graphics Driver too on the system from our support site. If the system is still overheating, run the diagnostics (To initiate, power on the system while holding down the Fn key). Also request you to please send me a private message with the system service tag, sorry about the information on left vent. If you get any error message after running the diagnostics, keep us posted.

No Events found!