Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2015 08:00

Inspiron 5758 Crackling Sound

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 5758 around June 2015 and I've been noticing sound problems. I looked up the problem and thought I had found a fix in disabling and uninstalling  Dell Power Manager and it did help dramatically, but the sound is still crackly and jerky at points in both the headphones and internal speakers. It doesn't happen every time I'm playing music or sound but when my computer works harder it tends to happen more often. I upgraded to Windows 10 a week or so after it came out and I cannot remember how good my sound was before Windows 10, it might have been the same, or fine. 

Thanks for any help! 

1.2K Posts

December 1st, 2015 09:00

Hi ,

I would ask you to check and advise if all the drivers were updated before windows 10 update. If not rollback windows to previous version ,update the drivers and then upgrade windows to the latest version.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

2 Posts

December 1st, 2015 10:00

I'm not sure if they were updated prior to updating and I'm not sure how to check, though my computer was pretty new at that point. I know that my audio drivers are up to date now and the problem is continuing.

1.2K Posts

December 3rd, 2015 01:00

Hi,

If the system was purchased recently then take it to the reseller show him the problem so that he can assist you since the issue is seen with headphones & speakers. And forward the service tag of the via private message so that I can assist you further by checking system specifications.

Regard,

No Events found!