Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

12 Posts

September 7th, 2006 22:00

Inspiron 6400 - Voice Chopping for Karaoke w/ LG's SigmaTel driver

Hi, folks.
I had a Karaoke software called RealOrche 1.4.2 sh.
When I was using the standard SigmaTel driver for STAC9200, after enabling input monitoring, it was working fine.
So, I installed the driver from LG, which works much better. Tried singing along w/ Windows Media Player (mixing Wave + LineIn outputs), Wingroove (Mixing SW Synth + LineIn outputs). Everything working wonderfully.
BUT, after this driver change, when I load ST3 songs in RealOrche (didn't test MIDI files, only ST3, so not sure if file type has problems w/ this LG driver) THE MICROPHONE sound CHOPS in a regular frequency.
Someone has any idea what could be the reason?
This software allows control of Volume and give grades for singer (could it be somehow be the problem?).

Thanks!
Cajureba

September 13th, 2006 20:00

I got a fix by getting a USB headset (or adaptor for mic and headphones) its a problem with hardware/driver/windows all fighting over the rights to you mic (so i heard)... USB works loverly.

12 Posts

September 19th, 2006 13:00

I downloaded a new Karaoke software and got it working.
Cheers,

Cajureba

September 20th, 2006 08:00

Glad to hear it works now... I got myne fixed to cause the USB adaptor was acting up (funny how that happens after you step on it) I got the Window Vista RC1 and no issues at all with VENT or anything... heheh
No Events found!