Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

November 26th, 2008 16:00

Inspiron 700M No video 1 Long 2 Short Beeps

I have an Inspiron 700M Laptop which when powered on gives me 1 long and hen 2 short beeps . I get no video and the the HD indicator flashes a couple of times and  then nothing.  If I try the diagnostic.  I understand it is power button while holding the fn key. I get a series of flashing lights on the 3 indicators.  I have not found a specific answer to the beeps other than a few references to bad video card.  I assume this has integrated video so there is not much I can do with that.  Is there anything I can do short of replacing the video card.  I have tried replacing RAM

39 Posts

November 29th, 2008 19:00

This is a last resort just to keep from spending a small fortune on new equipment.  Disassemble the laptop and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes.  Replace the cmos battery and put the thing back together and give it a try.  This might not fix anything, at all, but it should reset your bios to original default before any updates or anything.  To tell you the truth, I doubt this will work, but it's worth a try.  Good luck!

4 Posts

November 30th, 2008 08:00

remove the cover over power button.... above the print screen press down the connector starting on left side to right side till it clicks in. start up computer... did it work now.  My computer had error 2000-0333 and found this fixed problem. Takes longer to get cover off than the fix.

lookup

Problems With Flat Panel Monitor or Laptop Screen

No Events found!