Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Inspiron 7537 won't detect Nvidia 750M at all after Windows 10 installation

Hi guys,

I've had this Inspiron 7537 for over a year with no trouble with the Nvidia 750M at all, even after a format and clean install of Windows 8.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 and the graphics card was still working fine and I could play games with ease.

Today, I formatted and installed a clean Windows 10 but now the graphic card isn't detected by Windows at all. It won't show up on device manager and the Nvidia driver installer won't detect it either saying "it could not find compatible graphics hardware". Please help!

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 03:00

Same for me with an Alienware 14.

1 year old, has been working fine with WIndows 8.1 Pro.

After Win10 upg I had minimal functional control over the Nvidia 750M GPU, but after a few app compatibility problems which were eventually sorted out, now the 750M has disappeared completely.

7 Posts

August 13th, 2015 07:00

Glad I'm not the only one!I've formatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows 8.1 and that didn't help. Also tried to downgrading my bios as I upgraded it around the time I did my clean Windows 10 install and that made no difference either. Absolute joke as part of the reason I bought this laptop was the GPU!

2 Posts

August 18th, 2015 19:00

Hello,

I have an Alienware 17 from back in 2013. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and my nVidia GeForce GTX 770M disappeared from Control Panel and Device Manager. However, for the last month, all was well.

I tried all things I could think of and read about on the Internet to no avail for any option. All it would show is Microsoft Basic Adapter, or Intel 4600. Since Microsoft Windows 10 users do not have the option of choosing which updates to perform if they do not have Windows 10 Pro, I noticed the latest update installed BIOS version A14 (for Alienware). 

I downloaded A13 BIOS, and the NVidia GeForce 355.60 driver for Windows 10 64-bit computers, I reverted back to A13, then updated with the new driver. Now the PC detected the nVidia again.

Just thought this might help for those users who have recently experienced this on Windows 10 with an Alienware laptop or desktop. Plus, it might work for all others, not sure but worth a try.

Thanks.

No Events found!