Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2016 08:00

Inspiron 7559 keyboard double letters

I have a brand new Inspiron 7559 and noticed that occassionally it registers the letters I type twice. After some quick research I realized that it is a common issue with various dell llaptops, although not with my model. Is it a software/bios issue or is it a faulty keyboard? does anyone else happen to have that issue with that specific laptop model?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 1st, 2016 12:00

:emotion-2:

Turning on filter keys sometimes fixes the problems with your keyboard in windows 10.Please click on the link below:

www.youtube.com/watch

If it doesn't work, please go to device manager and update the keyboard driver.

www.youtube.com/watch;

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 1st, 2016 12:00

I also like to suggest you update system setup (BIOS). Please click on link below:

www.youtube.com/watch

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 06:00

None of the above helped. Turned on filter keys but i also turned on repeat keys otherwise using the keyboard is really unpleasant.

BIOS was already up to date

I also uninstalled the keyboard driver. I am not sure if this the way it's supposed to be, but the keyboard is recognlzed as "standard ps2 keyboard", not dell keyboard or anything more specific.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 10:00

I also like to suggest you use the Diagnostic tool on your Dell Support page. Please enter your service tag number (or use Auto- Detect Your Product) onto the link below, stroll upward to diagnostic, and then click keyboard. Report back any error code.

www.dell.com/.../Products

Note: If all troubleshooting fails then I like to suggest you contact Dell in the link below.

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information;

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 10:00

The "standard ps2 keyboard" driver is from Microsoft, if you haven't done so yet, you can update it.

I have a few more suggestions, hopefully one of them will help:

Method 1

1. Power off the computer

2. Power on computer, disconnect AC adapter and all other devices connect to the system.

3. Remove battery for about 1 minute, and then press the power button for about 10 seconds.

4. Replace Battery, connect adapter, and then power on computer. Hopefully keyboard work normally

Method 2 - Check for the latest windows updates.

1. Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

2. The latest version should be 1511, and latest OS build 10586.216. (Go to Settings> System>About)

Method 3 - Troubleshoot common computer problems

1. Type troubleshooting into (Cortana) search bar, click "View All", and then "Hardware And Devices". 

Method 4 - System Restore

1. You can restore your computer to an earlier date before the keyboard problem occur. Please type System Restore into the search bar.

3 Posts

May 11th, 2016 16:00

Contacted Dell support, I was told it is probably a hardware issue and will have my keyboard replaced.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 11th, 2016 20:00

Hopefully you get the keyboard replace in the near future. Thanks for the update.....:emotion-2:

6 Posts

June 27th, 2017 13:00

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! This bug is рissing me off! And my warranty expired a week ago! Luckily I can turn on so called 'bounce keys' feature in my system's settings.

August 31st, 2017 01:00

Hi

I am also facing the keyboard problem on Dell 7559. Many times it does not accept keyboard inputs for PIN at login. Sometimes the keyboard stops responding midway. I used Method 1 above multiple times. Each time, laptop keyboard works correctly for a few days then the same problem starts. I am frustrated at repeating this activity every alternate week. Please suggest a permanent fix. My laptop is out of warranty and Dell did not respond to any of the queries.  

No Events found!