Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

November 14th, 2007 20:00

Inspiron 9100 battery problem

Hello im new to the boards and i have a 9100 inspiron for a while now, When i take out the ac plug it should run on the battery but it doesn't it shuts off. and when i press the power button to run on the battery it won't turn on. The battery is fully charged, Is there something that i disabled on it? i looked everywhere on the internet about it but it looks like im the only one with this problem, ( it figures) but the notebook works with the ac plugged. I think after i updated it thats when it started but really didn't notice it until my girl knocked out the ac plug and the pc went off. Any suggestions? it's more likly something got disabled but i don't know. all my drivers are updated and my bios is updated and my QS is updated aswell but nothing worked. Thanks for the help.

4 Posts

November 14th, 2007 21:00

as old as the pc maybe 2 years old or 3 but it's been 99% mostly run on ac plug

4 Posts

so even tho i don't use the battery it just drains itself then? ok then it must be the battery then. thanks alot.

4 Posts

ive read some where on the net about their should be something about a warning icon should come on about if your battery is about to die or is dead? it's on the dell site but i can't remember where. and as i see in the bios it says that the battery is on idle.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

How old is the battery?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The newer systems do issue a warning - the older ones won't.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The battery is dead - replace it. They're designed to last about 18-24 months, and degrade, used or not.

The 9100 is more likely 3+ years old than two years - the battery has long outlived its expected lifespan.

If the issue is more extensive than that (i.e., battery won't charge at all) it could also be a faulty AC adapter or a faulty system board.
No Events found!