Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2009 09:00

Inspiron E1505 Video driver install

I recently reinstalled XP onto my Inspiron E1505 and went through the Dell Resource CD and installed all the necessary drivers as well.  This was done in the correct order and when I tried to install the video driver it gave me an error that read "one or more files needed to complete this install are missing...setup will exit."  I went ahead with the rest of the install and went onto the dell drivers and downloads page.  I was able to find the right driver to fix my wireless issue and thought I was about to do the same with my video driver.  I downloaded the Intel 945GM Graphics Controller because that's what I'd read to do on another thread in this forum.  However, when I run this install I get another error message that reads "your computer does not meet the requirements to run this install...setup will exit."  Any ideas about what might be wrong?  Is there another driver that I need to download?

Please Help!

246 Posts

August 26th, 2009 15:00

You might have an ATI or Nvidia dicrete video card which would require differant drivers. They ae available on the download site also. The video software will not install on unsupported systems. Do try that..  If it is Intel sometimes you must install the chipset drivers first to install the PCI express port that the GPU is assigned to. Good Luck....

No Events found!