Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 7th, 2013 21:00

Inspiron N7010 Webcam Non-Functional

Hi all,

As of recently my Inspiron N7010 webcam has not been working. I tried it in several different program (MSN, Tinychat, even an online webcam testing service) and no good.

Naturally I took a few troubleshooting steps. I searched and saw that for some uninstalling the webcam driver in the Device Manager and restarting the computer worked, but that didn't work for me. I also tried re-installing Dell Webcam Central and I noticed that when I opened the program the blue light indicator on the side of the webcam flashed for a brief second and then disappeared. And all I got was a black screen on the software.

I have Windows 7 if that might be an issue. I appreciate any help! 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 7th, 2013 22:00

Hi Coving,

I appreciate for the trouble shooting steps tried. If it was the software issue uninstalling the reinstalling the Webcam software should have resolved the issue. Since the issue is persisting even after software update, I request you run diagnostics on the webcam by clicking on the link below:

http://dell.to/11GelRo     

Under ‘Hardware’ from the listed components under ‘Diagnostic Selector’ select ‘Camera’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

3 Posts

July 8th, 2013 18:00

Hi Coving,

I appreciate for the trouble shooting steps tried. If it was the software issue uninstalling the reinstalling the Webcam software should have resolved the issue. Since the issue is persisting even after software update, I request you run diagnostics on the webcam by clicking on the link below:

http://dell.to/11GelRo     

Under ‘Hardware’ from the listed components under ‘Diagnostic Selector’ select ‘Camera’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

Hi Sujatha,

I did as you asked and the computer passed both tests.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 9th, 2013 02:00

Hi Coving

This indicates that hardware is working fine. I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the software once again.  Uninstall the software from Device manager and also from Programs and Features. Restart the system and install the webcam application from the following link:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Revert with the status.  

3 Posts

July 9th, 2013 14:00

I tried installing the software you linked but after I restart the computer after installation, the program is nowhere to be found. I feel like it may not be compatible with my computer or I need another version.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 11th, 2013 00:00

Hi Coving,

Once the software is installed, it should be listed under Imaging Devices or under Other Devices in Device manager. Please check if it is listed and if there is any exclamation mark next to it.  Or provide the screen shot of the Device manager to assist you further.

No Events found!