Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2010 11:00

Insprion E1705 Battery Issue

Dell Inspiron E1705

Replaced battery recently followed instructions to completely charge then discharge and everything seemed ok. I tried to run on battery and as soon as I removed the a/c adapter-charger the computer shut down.

I replaced the power cord and computer boots fine. I checked the power meter and it shows the battery to be 97% charged.

Tried again with same results. Tried turning off computer, unplugging cord and restarting on battery still nothing.

Restarted with cord, went into BIOS, battery management showed the battery to be fully charged. Battery indicator light on the face of the computer flashes briefly about every 15 sec. With computer turned off but plugged in the battery charge light never comes on.

Have removed the battery and reinstalled it more than once...still nothing

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Ron

539 Posts

January 16th, 2010 06:00

If under warranty rush to dell.

Go into BIOS setup. Check is battery and AC adapter (power cord) are listed by their types. If one of them is listed as "unknown", the battery will not be charged.

Take the battery to a similar laptop and do the same test. If the same most likely the problem is within the battery.

Discharge the battery by going into standby mode and let the battery drain (if it does that).

Then charge the battery and try again.

If still the same, probably one of the battery cells in the pack can't hold a charge.

Read about the DELL battery charging system.

54 Posts

October 21st, 2010 01:00

It could be a problem in the software that reads the charging, if you unplug the power supply will it run? and down in your task bar there should be a percentage number of power left in the Dell Inspiron E1705  battery when the power supply is unplugged. ed
No Events found!