Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 31st, 2015 10:00

Intel MEI update not applying

Since Microsoft says that not updated drivers can cause the power option not to put the machine in standby and thus lock it automatically , I have spent more than 2 days installing uninstalling asking trying etc. and concluded that the driver update Intel Management Engine Components/Interface Chipset is not being properly updated no matter what .

After checking and rechecking with my service tag and the dell system detect it is the only update that I have repeatedly concluded and still in the Control Panel it is the old version .

Found more threads that have the same subject but no answer that works for good , cause there is no intention to do this every week .

Bios is updated all other stuff are updated .

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 31st, 2015 13:00

Chipset, Graphics and other components on the laptop system board are always customized by Dell and are rarely ever updated, but if updated it must be Dell's update. Intel chipset drivers should not be installed on dell systems. On current win 8 models the incorrect drivers will be blocked since they are incompatible. Keep what you have and look for solutions elsewhere. MS warning doesn't apply. 

Have you tried expanding the categories in Advanced Settings in Power Options? You can control many settings there.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 1st, 2015 01:00

Using my service tag in the dell u.s. support drivers and downloads the dell system detect is always finding the specific intel management interface driver necessary to be updated .

it is not an intel site it is the us dell site

and although I have installed that driver 10 times it keeps finding it

I suppose that if it had been installed it would not have detected it , would it?

clearly the installed version is not the 9.5.24.1790

unless the proposed update from dell , the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver , is not corresponding to the Intel Management Engine Components , or is it the same thing ?

it should be cause when it is uninstalled it gets replaced exactly the same after it is installed the Chipset_Driver_P6Y5H_WN_9.5.24.1790_A00.EXE

and I do not look for solutions elsewhere cause it is dell's matter

and I am keeping whatever it works properly not whatever you think it should work

2 Posts

February 17th, 2016 13:00

I saw your post about the intel chipset problem. I had the exact same problem, applying the update multiple times but every time the dell service would indicate that it was not installed. I believe I solved the problem by updating the driver through the driver property page. Find the driver in Device Manager it was the 1146 version. I used the "update driver " function and searched the internet. It found the driver and installed it. After restarting I used the Dell update driver service to check and it showed the new driver was installed. Hope this helps.

2 Posts

April 10th, 2016 16:00

cuzndupree, thanks for your post.  I was having the same problem.  My existing driver was already 9.5.14.1724 but the Dell service kept telling me to update to 9.5.14.1724 (i.e. apparently the same version), and after going through the steps to update through Dell repeatedly it still said it needed to be updated.  I found your post and updated via the Internet and now the driver is on the "latest" version 11.0.0.1157.... However the Dell service STILL says it needs to be updated to 9.5.14.1724!  At least I know I'm on the newest version, and I wish Dell would figure this out too....  I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same issue and finds this page.

June 15th, 2016 20:00

I saw your post about the intel chipset problem. I had the exact same problem, applying the update multiple times but every time the dell service would indicate that it was not installed. I believe I solved the problem by updating the driver through the driver property page. Find the driver in Device Manager it was the 1146 version. I used the "update driver " function and searched the internet. It found the driver and installed it. After restarting I used the Dell update driver service to check and it showed the new driver was installed. Hope this helps.

This was a total fix for me. Thank you - sincerely! All other stuff I downloaded & installed at the site with Dell System Detect dropped off the list after a subsequent scan - but not the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver! Finally, taking it through Device Manager, it no longer is offered there or within Support Assist. It was a long-standing situation; so, yeah!

I had installed it through System Detect, through the separate download (find it myself), & through Support Assist. It did install - but it delivered version ...1146. Programs & Features showed a version increase (from 9.5.23.1766) to 11.0.0.1153. Device Manager showed an increase (from 9.5.24.1790) to 11.0.0.1146. But it was still offered, I guess because the site & SA were expecting ...1153 to have been delivered.

After taking it through Device Manager, Support Assist now no longer offers it...

And Dell System Detect at the site shows...

Here are its Device Manager properties (used to say ...1146)...

And, clicking to update it now shows...

I want to believe I tried this solution once on my own [& it failed], but can't as yet quite recall I did. So, thanks again. Wait a minute! I realize now what I've got is a higher version than is offered at the site, which still is ...1153. So, I'm sure I must have tried this - myself - long ago - but ...1157 just wasn't available back then. But - thanks still!

2 Posts

June 17th, 2016 02:00

Glad you solved the issue. FYI My driver # is the same as yours. I updated about a month before I responded to your post. I had been trying to update the driver for almost 2 months and it was really bugging me that it said it had been successfully updated but when I checked later it needed to be updated again. I thought it was my security program blocking it so i tried shutting it down but it still did not update successfully. I figure that the Dell website might have had a corrupted version so, searching the internet with the Device Manager must have found a good version. Funny I didn't see any other post about this issue.

June 17th, 2016 18:00

Glad you solved the issue. FYI My driver # is the same as yours. I updated about a month before I responded to your post. I had been trying to update the driver for almost 2 months and it was really bugging me that it said it had been successfully updated but when I checked later it needed to be updated again. I thought it was my security program blocking it so i tried shutting it down but it still did not update successfully. I figure that the Dell website might have had a corrupted version so, searching the internet with the Device Manager must have found a good version. Funny I didn't see any other post about this issue.

I mentioned it in a thread in 2015 about something else...

en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19661911

laptop 3542 - Application for Intel Haswell ME FW v9.5.55.1948 update

I updated all my drivers in that thread for the 1st time since Win 8.1. Back then, Jessy somehow got ...1157, but I still am only offered ...1153 at the site (& it still delivers ...1147). These sites are specific per computer - but he had the same computer as me (albeit equipped differently).

Well, I doubt I would have clicked to update it anytime soon in Device Manager w/o seeing your post - especially as I'm sure I did it back then & wasn't rewarded. Thanks again.

But I do want to add the site has since added BIOS A12 & Intel HD Graphics v. 20.19.15.4404, A02. Both came in & installed well. Overall, that site is great.

No Events found!