Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

October 12th, 2017 23:00

Intel RST PCIe SSD (SMART Warning) - Dell diagnostic run crashes system - Help

Hi Community,

I bought my Dell XPS 15 9560 3 months ago. Recently, I had a warning notification from Intel RST (SMART event) warning. I tried running Dell's online diagnostics from dell's website(Online Support) and also from SupportAssist. Both instances crashed my system when checking hard drives. 

I've attached a snapshot of the test run error. I've full warranty till Aug 2018 and I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. Could Dell professionals also hook me up with a carry-in service contact, I can't seem to find it. 

Thanks Community

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 13th, 2017 07:00

Hi NicholasLTY,

Thanks for posting.

Not sure why you are getting an error message, hopefully someone will see this question and respond.

As for the warranty issue, it depends on where the computer was purchased.  If it was purchased directly from Dell, then you can contact Tech Support in your country for assistance.  If it was purchased from a retailer or online, then you would have to register the computer, then contact Tech Support.  If it was purchased outside Australia, then it would have to return to the country of purchase to be repaired at the customer's expense.

No Events found!