Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2012 21:00

Internet issues

I have a dell Inspiron 17R. Recently I have not been able to use the Internet. I have IE, Chrome and Firefox, and I am having a problem with all of them. They will work once in a while (Firefox more than others) but always end up crashing. Chrome pops up asking to kill the page and IE will become unresponsive. Sometimes they won't even open when I click on them. I don't believe it's the network because it happens anywhere I go that has an Internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

October 10th, 2012 06:00

Hi sammiw,

Thank you for your response.

Seems like your profile has gone corrupt. You can give complete admin rights to the new profile you have created and delete the old profile. You would, however, need to take a back up of all the important files and move them to your new account.

Thanks and Regards,

Sheetal Katke

#iworkfordell

October 9th, 2012 21:00

Hi sammiw,

Welcome to Dell Community.

Do you face the same issue with a wired connection as well? Did you make any hardware or software changes to the machine just before you started facing this issue? When was the last time the Operating System was reinstalled on the machine?

Please restart your machine > keep tapping F8 > select the option that says "Safe Mode With Networking" from the advanced boot options > let the machine boot to windows in safe mode with networking, check if the machine behaves the same way in safe mode as well.

You might have to take a back up of all the data on the machine and do a factory restore to get the machine up and running again.

The fact that the machine connects to internet intermittently, proves that the hardware is fine and the symptoms point towards a software issue on the machine.

Please revert answering my queries so that we get a better idea of what exactly is happening.

Thanks and Regards,

Sheetal Katke

#iworkfordell

2 Posts

October 10th, 2012 05:00

I have not made any hardware or software changes in quite some time. I do not know how to check the Operating System. I have checked safe mode and the internet works normally. I also created a new User Account on the computer and everything works normally in that account, maybe it's something to do with my user account? Sorry, i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers.

No Events found!