Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2010 05:00

Is expected battery life on Inspiron 1764 with 6-cell battery 8 hours!

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 1764 (i5) from Best Buy.  The price tag has a description about the Laptop.  It said that the tested battery life was upto 7 hours and 58 min.  I have set the battery mode on the laptop to Dell Extended (the max possible saving) and yet i don't see more than 3.5 hours. 

I approached Best Buy on their forums about this claim and they point their fingers to Dell telling me that they just advertise what Dell tells them.  Can someone please comment how i can get the 8 hours life from the battery?

If this information is misleading then i would like to know that too.

1 Message

February 10th, 2010 18:00

It says on dell's site up to 4 hrs with the 6 cell battery and up to 8 hrs with the 9 cell. They may have accidently posted wrong info but the sales techs should've caught that. I just ordered a 1764 with i5-520, 512mb ati video and 9 cell battery from aafes.

1 Message

February 13th, 2010 23:00

I bought this same laptop from Best Buy on 2/3/10, and one of the major selling points was that battery life. I quickly realized I was not getting anywhere near that, and only then notice that the box stated a 6-cell battery (this battery life is more in line with a 9-cell) I returned to best buy on the 5th to argue that they should honor that, only to find that the sign had been changed to say a max 4 hour battery life. Of course, the salesperson knew nothing about it, so I got nowhere. It's good to know that I did in fact read this sign correctly, and I will be contacting Best Buy about a remedy for this situation.

No Events found!