Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 5th, 2009 13:00

Is there something wrong with Ethernet connection on my Vostro 2510

I seem to lose my network conntection when I am plugged into my LAN.  I have tried several commercially made cables but they all seem to have the same problem.  If I wiggle the end of the cable connected to the Vostro, I can made/break connection and sometimes Vostro reboots on its own when I wiggle the cable.  Vostro 2510 is less than a year old.

John

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 5th, 2009 14:00

Faulty mainboard - have Dell replace it under warranty.

15 Posts

July 5th, 2009 15:00

Thank you for your reply.

What is typical turnaround time on warrantry repairs?  I only have a week or two between business trips and my Vostro is mission critical

I have been hesitant about sending Vostro back for warranty repairs on flaky mouse pad as I would have to move all my data off the hard drive, securely erase everything on the hard drive, reload Dell software and repeat the process when I get the Vostro back.  Is this what other do?

John

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 5th, 2009 15:00

You have several options:

It is usually not necessary to send the hard drive with the system- retain it when you send the system for service.

Normal turnaround is 7-10 days.  If you cannot wait for service, buy an upgrade to onsite service before calling for repair.

No Events found!