Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2008 23:00

Issue with HD and m1730

I have an m1730 and I am trying to install 2 new drives on it. One being a SSD and one being a 7200 rpm drive.

When i try to boot from the WinXp-64Bit cd and try to install windows it says no drive is detected and try to reseat it.

I tried moving both drives from 0 and 1 and it didn't help. I took the hdd out of this current laptop to put into the m1730 and it didn't work either.

I tried to put the new SSD drive in this laptop. I was able to start the formatting of windows, but didn't start it. 

I am not sure if maybe the SATA cable is bad or not, but looking for any insight.

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 01:00

I thought that the first time I did it, but I literally did switching around 6 times as well as trying my normal hd with and without one of the new ones.

808 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 01:00

Or loose, it is one lousy job going from a male/female connectors to the flat cable thing that seems to come loose to easy if you mess with the drives.

4.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 12:00

Try this suggestion - which was in reply to another forum member who 'downgraded' from Vista to XP, and whose HDD wasn't being recognised:

@ejn63 wrote:

Power on, go into BIOS setup and change the hard drive from AHCI to ATA compatible mode.

146 Posts

October 24th, 2008 02:00

I dont wanna be a party pooper by some ssd drives are jsut not ready yeat they have way to many issues going... I want one on my M1730 as well but Im waiting for the right one... Cable no way... as you said your tried it I would dare to say that its the drive but Im no expert on SSD but only what I read form the professional testers I know...

No Events found!