Highlighted
Cvcau1
1 Nickel

Keyboard backlit Inspiron 5559

I sent computer back for repairs now the keyboard does not light with touch or come on at startup. I tried to install enhancement package 2.2 as suggested but said remove newer version first. I can see it in progams to remove. They had to replace KWH3G - LCD and Accessory, KD4T9 - Cables and Cords, and
94MFG - Daughterboard. The board works manually with Fn and F10. I changed Bios to 100% but only came on once. Computer just 5 months old!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Keyboard backlit Inspiron 5559

If the board works manually, then the hardware is ok. The fault lies with the software. What operating system? Reinstall all of the Chipset drivers one at a time, rebooting after each one. Then reinstall the Quickset driver. Reboot when done.

FN + F10 = Backlight on
2nd FN + F10 = Increase the brightness
3rd FN + F10 = Backlight off

Go to Program Files- Dell- Quickset. Open "Backlit KB" or right click battery icon in system tray - Windows Mobility Center

0 Kudos
Cvcau1
1 Nickel

I did all that wasted 1 1/2 hours it says unable to detect backlit keyboard.

Under keyboard it says standard keyboard could that be changed to backlit and how?

0 Kudos
Cvcau1
1 Nickel

Also I tried to install the enhancement package 2.2 but would not because it said a newer one is installed

0 Kudos
Cvcau1
1 Nickel

Anyway to remove existing enhancement package?

0 Kudos

What happens in Programs and features when you attempt to uninstall it?

I see three files, two versions. But they do NOT list the Inspiron 5559? What operating system is on that 5559?

System-Utilities_Application_VYWMG_WN_2.2_A00.EXE
System-Utilities_Application_M99N8_WN_2.2_A00.EXE
Version 2.2, A00
7/25/12
Windows 7

System-Utilities_Application_MHVWP_WN_2.2.1_A00.EXE
Version 2.2.1, A00
7/18/13
Windows 7/8

0 Kudos
Cvcau1
1 Nickel