Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2015 12:00

Keyboard protector skin for 17" 7737?

Hi, has anyone found a keyboard protector skin for the Dell 17" notebook No. 7737? Dell Chat says they don't have one.

My problem is that I find the key legend contrast quite poor, in almost all lighting situations. I actually find it hard to use except in bright ambient light. With the backlight off, the legends appear grey on silver. That's fine in bright light, which gives the silver a light color, making a good contrast with the grey legends. Also when there is no ambient light at all, I can use the backlight, and then the legends appear white on black. But in all other situations, which I find myself in quite often, the silver background looks grey, and the contrast with the grey legends is awful and I can't see what I'm typing. And if I turn on the backlights, the grey on dull silver becomes dim white on dull silver, making the contrast even worse! It's hard for me to imagine what the designers were thinking when they designed this keyboard.

So I'm thinking that a keyboard protector skin, with its own legends that make a good contrast with its own background color, is just what I need.

Does anyone else have this problem, or am I the only one? Have you found a keyboard protector skin?

Thank you

No Responses!
No Events found!