Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2015 13:00

Keyboard stopped working on Inspiron 15 laptop w/touchscreen

The laptop keyboard stopped working on my Inspiron 15 (3000 Series).  I tried rebooting, took the battery out, nothing got it going.  The touchscreen keyboard still works, which allows me to log in and still use it, but I need the real keyboard to work again.  Windows 8

2K Posts

April 8th, 2015 14:00

Hi Pgeraghty,

Do you have an external USB keyboard to test with? When did the issue start? Go to control panel -> device manager and check if the keyboard is listed. Also please try updating the BIOS from support.dell.com - http://dell.to/1kGWIcI. You need to enter the service tag and go to drivers and download and download and run the BIOS update. This may possibly fix the issue.

Also, could you restart the system and keep tapping on f12 key - if it goes to boot menu - choose diagnostics and let it run the test. If not, turn off the system, hold down the fn key and turn on the system - it should initiate diagnostics.

Keep us updated.

Thanks and Regards,

Rishi

2 Posts

April 9th, 2015 17:00

Rishi - thanks!   I updated the BIOS and that did it....!  I owe you one, I own a bike shop and if you ever need one, can get you a great price...!

2K Posts

April 9th, 2015 17:00

Hi pgeraghty,

Thank you for the update. Am glad you have had the issue resolved.

As for the bike offer, I am very pleased by that. I love bikes and I am planning to book a Harley Davidson Iron 883 very shortly.

Happy Weekend!

No Events found!